• davesheasports

No. 7 Clarkson Falls At Dartmouth

Playing on the road for the first time in the New Year, Clarkson suffered a one-goal loss in Hanover, NH on Friday night falling to Dartmouth 3-2. Ranked 7th in the nation, Clarkson goes to 15-4-3 overall and to 9-3 in ECAC Hockey play. The Golden Knights will battle 16th-ranked Harvard in Cambridge, MA on Saturday. Dartmouth had the better of the puck possession and offensive zone play early in the first period, putting the first five shots on net.  However, they were not able to take advantage of that and Clarkson earned a power play mid-way through the opening frame. Just 14 seconds into the man-advantage, sophomore Adam Tisdale (Cochrane, ALB) had two great opportunities to extend his goal-scoring streak to three games.  However, one shot hit the post and the other was stopped by Big Green goalie Adrian Clark.  The referees confirmed the no goal call by replay. When all was said and done at the end of the first, the two teams were scoreless and Dartmouth had an 8-7 shot advantage.  The scoreless tie was broken early in the second period when a Clarkson clear was knocked down.  A shot from the right wing hit a couple of Golden Knight bodies before bouncing to Colin Rutherford who had his initial attempt stopped by Frank Marotte.  The rebound scooted behind Marotte and the Knights tried to shove the puck to the corner.  However, it hit Rutherford and bounced in the net for a 1-0 Dartmouth advantage. Clarkson would come back just 1:29 later.  Off an icing against the Big Green, sophomore Josh Dunne (O'Fallon, MO) won a faceoff to the top of the left circle to senior Haralds Egle (Liepaia, Latvia).  Egle skated to the middle of the rink and let go a shot that was blocked.  The puck bounced directly to Dunne who went to the side of the net and Dunne collected his eighth goal of the campaign.  Dartmouth would take a 2-1 edge to the locker room, though.  Will Graber scored his fifth of the year after collecting a Matt Baker pass inside the blueline.  The Dartmouth defender sent a wrist shot past Marotte for the leading goal at 11:32.  Clarkson would even the game at two, Dunne won a faceoff to freshman defenseman Dustyn McFaul (Waterdown, ONT) who moved the puck across to the right point for junior blueline partner Connor McCarthy (LaSalle, QUE).  McCarthy squeezed a wrist shot through traffic past Clark to even the score at 10:23 of the third period.  The goal was McCarthy's seventh of the year.  After some back and forth play, Clarkson had a power play with five minutes left in regulation.  However, in spite of several good chances, the Golden Knights could not convert.  With less than three minutes left, Tyler Campbell picked off a pass at center and, ultimately scored the game-winner at 17:18.  Marotte made 25 saves on the evening.  Clarkson was 0-3 with the man-advantage.  The Green and Gold's penalty- killing unit was a perfect 3-of-3 and has killed off the last 20 in a row. 


Recent Posts

See All

© 2019 by Old School Sports Journal. Proudly created with

  • White Facebook Icon

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

This site is dedicated to the memory of Chuck Kelly, longtime editor of The Journal and Advance News in Ogdensburg and the greatest newsman in the history of Northern New York.